Organizers: Croatian Society for Sport History, Croatian Olympic Academy, and Split Sports Association
Academic Partners: University of Zagreb Faculty of Kinesiology and University of Split Faculty of Kinesiology
Partners: Croatian Olympic Committee, Split-Dalmatia County, City of Split, and Tourist Board Split
Congress Venue: Radisson Blu Resort, Split
Full Congress Information [download pdf]
- Sport and politics in Central and Eastern Europe
- History of Physical education
- Gender in Sport history
- Nationalism and internationalism in sport
- Big Sports events in historical (re)thinking
- Olympics and Olympic education
- Sports history and tourism
- Sport history and national identity
- Sport as a 'big business' in historical perspective
- Modern and post modern approaches to sports historiography
- Sport and socialism- modern views on past times
- Place and role of sports history in general historical thinking
- Open Papers
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
We invite you to submit abstracts within the announced topic and subtopics of the Conference.
Participants are invited to submit their abstracts for podium/oral presentations only.
Any submitted paper or abstract will be internationally reviewed and evaluated in order to decide on its acceptance. Nevertheless, the submitting authors are responsible for the statements and views expressed in their works, as well as for the editing style and quality of language. The official language of the Congress is English. Only the accepted abstracts will be included in the Scientific Program and printed in the Book of Abstracts provided that the submitting author (the first author) has paid the fee.
All abstracts must fit within the allotted size requirement to be considered for review. The abstract must be 350 words or less including title, names of the author(s) and affiliation(s).
Editing guidelines: Print the title of the abstract in capital letters, centered; a single blank line follows, then come the full names of the author(s), separated by commas; introduce the last complete name by "and". Underline the presenter. There should be no blank line-separation between author(s) and affiliation(s). Relate each author to the respective institution(s) by an identification number in the superscript. Institutions should be introduced by their identification number, the name of the institution, city, and country. Institutions should be separated by semicolons. The identification number is redundant if all the authors are affiliated with the same institution. A single blank line should separate the affiliation(s) from the abstract. Please, omit any university degrees and positions, titles, streets, etc.
Submitting abstracts: All abstracts should be submitted online via the 2015 Congress website.
Deadline for the abstract submission: April 1, 2015 DEADLINE EXTENDED: MAY 15, 2015
Notification of abstract acceptance: April 15, 2015 NEW DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2015
Deadline for the early online registration: May 1, 2015 NEW DEADLINE: JUNE 15, 2015
- Hits: 3415
ISHPES is currently accepting applications for the 2015 Junior Scholar Award. The ISHPES GIGLIOLA GORI JUNIOR SCHOLAR AWARD will be presented at the 2015 ISHPES Seminar to be held in Split, Croatia.
It is awarded for an unpublished essay of outstanding quality in the field of sport history. Eligible scholars must be a member of ISHPES and a registered student (undergraduate or graduate) at the time of the Congress or a junior scholar (within one year of receiving a PhD). The essay must be submitted in English and the text itself (including notes and bibliography) must not exceed 10,000 words.
- Hits: 2447
ISHPES is proud to present the three recipients for 2014. These awards include the Gigliola Gori Junior Scholar Award, the ISHPES Award, and the Routledge Book Prize for Best Presentation. We would like to congratulate all of our award recipients.
- Hits: 1674
In 1989 the International Society for the History of Physical Education and Sport (ISHPES) was founded as a merger of the International Committee for the History of Physical Education and Sport (ICOSH) and the International Association for the History of Physical Education (HISPA). In 2014 ISHPES celebrates its 25th birthday. While at the beginning it was a very Eurocentric organization it is today very international as seen in the numerous countries from which the members hail. This paper, written by ISHPES President Annette Hofmann, will give an insight into the present state and work of this international sport history organisation. The conclusion will focus on the challenges that ISHPES faces in the twenty-first century.
- Hits: 2091
Global Perspectives on Sports and Physical Cultures: From Past to Present
Organizer: Qatar Olympic & Sport Museum September 22-25, 2014
Conference Venue: Qatar University
NEW DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACTS: MAY 18
Historical Aspects of:
• Olympics and other Mega-Sport Events
• Development of Sport, Physical Activity in the Middle East
• Sports Cultures in the Global South
• Gender and Sport
• Sport Related Migrants and Migrations
• The Relation between Sports, Physical Activity and Health
• Transcultural Perspectives on Physical Cultures
• National Movement Cultures and Physical Education
• Open Papers
Registration is free
Terms and Conditions
• All participants are invited to submit abstracts for oral presentation or poster presentation. However, the Scientific Committee will make the final decision to indicate if the abstract will be for oral or poster presentation.
• Each main author can only present one paper.
• The ISHPES 2014 does not require an admission fee. However, one author at least must be registered for the Congress (register here) and must be a member of ISHPES.
• One of the authors has to attend the Congress in order to present the abstract and receive the certificate of presentation. Only presented abstracts will be included in the Congress proceedings.
• Deadline for the abstract submission: April 6, 2014 NEW DEADLINE: May 18
• Notification of abstract acceptance: June 2014
• Deadline for the online registration: September 2014
For more information see www.2014ishpes.org
- Hits: 2244